The Centre County Women’s Resource Center (CCWRC) is seeking a full-time Director of its Civil Legal Representation Project (CLRP). The Mission of the CCWRC is to empower survivors of domestic and sexual violence and stalking and to work for the elimination of such violence through the provision of services, education and advocacy. The successful candidate will further the CCWRC mission by providing high-quality legal representation and services to victims of domestic and sexual violence and stalking and will share our commitment of working toward social change for women and against the intersections of oppression that affect all those who seek our services.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Providing legal representation and consultation to victims of domestic and sexual violence and stalking in family law, immigration law and sexual assault, including Title IX matters
- Supervising and training staff attorneys as they engage in family law, representation of sexual assault victims, and immigration law filings for clients
- Supervising and training other CLRP staff, including paralegal/legal assistant and legal externs and volunteers
- Working collaboratively within the framework of CCWRC domestic and sexual violence services and programs
- Engaging in systems advocacy in Centre County to ensure survivors’ needs are being considered and met
- In collaboration with the Director of Outreach and Education, design and implement outreach initiatives to facilitate access to legal representation by survivors
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, work to secure permanent and stable funding for the project
- Reporting and drafting necessary narratives and information for federal grant purposes
- Licensed to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Pennsylvania family law required. Experience in domestic/sexual violence work, immigration law and the representation of sexual assault victims, including in Title IX matters preferred.
- Experience in supervising a legal project, law office, and attorneys
- Membership in the Centre County Bar Association and Pennsylvania Bar Association or qualified to apply for membership.
- Ability to travel and have access to reliable transportation
- Eligibility to obtain Act 33/34 and FBI clearances
- Strong communication skills, including exceptional oral advocacy and writing skills
- Commitment to diversity initiatives
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Centre County Women’s Resource Center
140 W. Nittany Ave.
State College, PA 16801
or by email
For more information or a copy of the position description, please call (814) 238-7066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Review of resumes will begin immediately. Resumes will be accepted until April 20, 2018 or until the position is filled.
The CCWRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the development of a diverse workplace.