Centre County Women’s Resource Center
Job Description: Volunteer Counselor/Advocate
Draft Revised 5/1/13
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide ONLINE and/or ON CALL coverage of the CCWRC’s 24-Hour Crisis Hotline, for a minimum of 4 shifts a month for the first 12 months and a minimum of 1 shift per month thereafter.
- Assist with the provision of VOCA-funded services, including assistance with filing Compensation Claims (VCAP), criminal justice support/advocacy, crisis counseling, emergency financial assistance, emergency legal advocacy, follow-up counseling, in-person information and referral, case management, hotline, personal advocacy, shelter/safe house, support groups, and telephone contact information and referral.
- Provide support in the office, when schedules allow, by answering phones, doors, and helping with other clerical duties as needed.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Other opportunities—such as helping with adult and children’s support groups, educational and outreach programs, events and information tables in the community and at Penn State—are available with some additional mentoring.
- Complete case logs for each client contact/interaction and be responsible for returning them to the Center within the week of the shift by mail or in person.
- Be responsible to and under the supervision of the Training Coordinator during the training process and the Director of Volunteer Programs after completing training.
- Must comply with all CCWRC policies and procedures.
Successful completion of the Centre County Women’s Resource Center Volunteer Counselor/Advocate Training Program (classes and practicum).
A strong commitment to providing quality services to Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence survivors including, but not limited to:
- the provision of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault services with a feminist perspective;
- the struggle against ageism, classism, racism, ableism, homophobia, and heterosexism;
- support and involve people of all racial, social, ethnic, religious, cultural, and economic groups.
Must receive Act 33 and 34 clearances
Employee Signature: Date:
Supervisor Signature: Date: