Full-Time Non-Exempt Position, EOE
$14.42/hour plus benefits
- Plan and implement prevention and awareness education via evidence-based curriculum to elementary, middle and high school students, as well as adult allies (such as teachers, coaches, parents) on issues of sexual assault, dating and domestic violence.
- Work collaboratively with youth, schools, and community members to strengthen knowledge and skills to enhance relationships and environments that impact youth.
- Evaluate/revise/develop prevention and awareness programs.
- Serve as a representative for Centre Safe at tabling opportunities and community events
- Engage in intentional outreach and education for the international community in Centre County
- Provide direct services to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence as necessary.
- Is a member of the Outreach & Education Team
Qualifications: A passion for, and a commitment to working with children and youth. Interest in social justice and violence prevention. A bachelor’s degree in education, social work, public health, communication or related field. A minimum of two years of experience in public speaking, group facilitation, or program delivery. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups of individuals, including children, teens, and adults. Must be highly organized and have the responsibility, comfort level, and discipline to work and present both independently and with a team.
- Must receive FBI, Act 33, and 34 clearances
- Must have reliable means of transportation
- Must successfully complete Centre Safe counselor/advocate training
- Position description available on request
Submit resume, cover letter and three references by May 1, 2019. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hiring Committee – Prevention Educator
140 W. Nittany Ave.
State College, PA 16801
or by email to email@example.com
Centre Safe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the development of a diverse workplace.