This summer Centre County Women’s Resource Center (CCWRC) will be holding its first ever Camp Peaceworks day camp, and we are looking for youth age 13 to 17 who may want to attend camp, (it’s FREE) and volunteers to train to be adult allies and facilitators during camp.
Below are applications with more information, but the goal of Camp Peaceworks is to encourage youth to work together within our community to foster a multicultural society based on love, caring, and justice — with the ultimate goal of decreasing violence by creating a more inherently peaceful society.
Camp will take place July 24-28, 2017 at Seven Mountains Scout Camp, and it’s free for youth to attend, transportation, meals and snacks will also be provided.
For more information or any questions please feel free to contact CCWRC at the email below.
Help support Camp Peaceworks by donating an item from our needs list.
–Camp Peaceworks Needs List –
- Prepackaged snacks
- Prepackaged breakfast items
- Recreation equipment–balls, frisbees, outdoor games, etc. (new or gently used)
- Name tag holders
- Beach balls for Icebreaker Activity (6)
- Small baskets (10)
- Toys–male and female specific
- Clothes pins
- Large plastic bins–for each day (5)
- Medium plastic bins (12)
- Small rocks/clear stones (enough for 6 groups)
- Bag of assorted dry beans
- Walkie Talkies
- Extension cords
- Power strips
- Speakers for computer
- Emergency rain equipment–umbrellas, ponchos
- Bug spray
- Individual tissue packets (20)