Centre County Women’s Resource Center
Job Description: DV/SA Triage Advocate
Draft Revised ADD DATE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide services to victims of domestic and sexual violence who access services via phone and in-person at the CCWRC State College location. Services include:
- Crisis counseling;
- Emergency legal advocacy;
- In-person information and referral;
- Case management;
- Hotline response;
- Personal advocacy;
- Support to shelter residents;
- Telephone contact information and referral;
- Assist with emergency financial assistance;
- Criminal justice support/advocacy;
- Support groups, as needed;
- Maintain case logs for client contact;
- Provide information and referral services to callers and visitors to the CCWRC in State College.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain open communication with CCWRC staff to coordinate efforts meeting the needs of CCWRC clients;
- Participate with Staff and Team meetings, in-service sessions and professional development sessions; maintain current knowledge for best practices with job performance.
- As needed, share responsibility for 24 hour services provided via the hotline.
- As needed, serve as SART responder.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Is under supervision of the CAS Director and meets regularly for supervision; coordinates closely with reception staff to assure continual response to clients and the public during the 9-5 work day.
- Other duties, as needed.
Completion of the Centre County Women’s Resource Center Volunteer Advocate training. Degree in counseling, social work, or related field and/or experience in the provision of direct services to women and children. A strong commitment to providing quality services to Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence survivors. Strong daily commitment to:
- the provision of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault services with a feminist perspective;
- the struggle against ageism, classism, racism, ableism, homophobia and heterosexism;
- support and involve people of all racial, social, ethnic, religious, cultural and economic groups;
- must meet qualifications and receive Act 33 and 34 clearances
Must have a valid PA driver license and be approved to drive the CCWRC van; Hours worked per week: 40
Employee Signature: Date:
Supervisor Signature: Date: