Centre County Women’s Resource Center
Job Description: Victim Centered Intensive Case Management (VCICM) Field Advocate
Draft Revised 6/16/10
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide counseling, crisis intervention and legal advocacy to victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
- Participate as a member of the Victim Centered Intensive Case Management (VCICM) Unit.
- Review case logs for appropriate follow-up, tracking and referral of clients.
- Assist with writing and filing of Protection from Abuse Orders, provide information about the legal system, make referrals and provide accompaniment to court with victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
- As part of the Counseling and Advocacy Services team, follow-up with all legal advocacy clients.
- Participate in regular case management meetings with staff to discuss specific Domestic Violence situations.
- Attend staff meetings and case management meetings.
- Participate in Legal Advocacy Committee of PCADV.
- Participate in emergency rotation schedule for the hotline. Maintain client confidentiality.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare reports required by the Board of Directors, the Director and funding agencies; contribute to the Center’s newsletter as appropriate.
- Participate in Center committees and teams when appropriate.
- Maintain current knowledge in the field and attend seminars/workshops to increase professional knowledge and effectiveness.
- Is under supervision of the Director of Counseling and Advocacy Services.
Completion of the Centre County Women’s Resource Center Volunteer Advocate training. Degree in counseling, social work, or related field and/or experience in the provision of direct services to women and children. A strong commitment to providing quality services to Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence survivors. Strong daily commitment to:
- the provision of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault services with a feminist perspective;
- the struggle against ageism, classism, racism, ableism, homophobia and heterosexism;
- support and involve people of all racial, social, ethnic, religious, cultural and economic groups;
- must meet qualifications and receive Act 33 and 34 clearances
Must have reliable means of transportation
Hours worked per week: 40 hours
Employee Signature: Date:
Supervisor Signature: Date: