Centre County Women’s Resource Center
Job Description: Bookkeeper
Draft Revised 11/28/11
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare payroll biweekly; maintain individual employee payroll ledgers and payroll journal.
- Make timely payments of payroll taxes; prepare quarterly summary and file all tax returns and reports.
- With the Director of Administrative Services/Chief Financial Officer, prepare the annual budget.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for funding proposals.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and invoices for funding sources.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Board of Directors.
- Prepare all financial information for the annual audit and cooperate with the audit process.
- Arrange for the annual audit.
- Maintain cash receipts journal, cash disbursements journal and individual restricted fund accounting using Peachtree accounting software.
- Reconcile books on a monthly basis.
- Make timely payments of Accounts Payable and maintain A/P journal and files.
- Maintain a fixed asset and depreciation schedule. Maintain fixed assets and inventory.
- Maintain administrative and financial files.
- Backup to Administrative Assistant for fundraising programs, letters, and reports.
- Provide administrative support services to CCWRC staff, board members and committees, as directed. Includes preparation of correspondence, assistance with grant proposals, reports, faxes, copying and collating of various materials, reports preparation, mass mailings as necessary.
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment and the building, as required.
- Attend staff meetings. Participate in CCWRC committees and/or teams, when appropriate.
- Provide direct services to survivors as necessary, including participation on emergency rotation schedule for the hotline. Maintain client confidentiality.
- Maintain current knowledge in the field by attending seminars/workshops to increase professional knowledge and effectiveness.
- Supervised by the Director of Administrative Services/CFO
- Familiar with Peachtree accounting software, two year’s business school with an accounting major or equivalent experience.
- Experience with non-profit and fund accounting preferred.
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet and database software.
- Three to five years of office experience or recent bookkeeping training.
- Successful completion of the CCWRC counselor/advocate training program.
- Must receive Act 33 and 34 clearances.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Strong commitment to:
- The provision of domestic violence and sexual assault services with a feminist perspective;
- Support of all people regardless of race, social, ethnic, religious, cultural or economic status.
Hours worked per week: 40
Employee Signature: Date:
Supervisor Signature: Date: