Centre County Women’s Resource Center
Child Access Center
Job Title: Program Director
Draft Revised ADD DATE
A master’s degree (or a bachelor’s degree with 5 years experience) in human services, preferably in Social Work, counseling or psychology. At least two years direct experience with children, youth, families, and/or domestic violence.
Program Director works under the authority of the CCWRC and in consultation with the Coordinating Committee; the Program Director is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects regarding the delivery of services for the Child Access Center. The Director’s regular hours will include evening and weekends. The Director must also be accessible to the staff and volunteers as needed.
Essential Job Function and Responsibilities:
1) To conduct intakes/orientations and schedule supervised exchanges and visitation.
2) To provide oversight and supervision for exchanges and supervised visitation
3) To hire staff and provide orientation to the Center.
4) To train, recruit, screen, and supervise all volunteers and staff.
5) To maintain and/or address any site needs.
6) To update, create, and revise the policies for the Center.
7) To oversee and implement all documentation, data collection and reporting for the Center.
8) To attend all Coordinating Committee meetings and present relevant information.
9) To attend community collaborative meetings as needed (such as Centre County Domestic and Sexual Violence Task Force; Centre County Council of Human Services).
10) To attend community functions and speak on behalf of the Center.
11) To participate in all fund raising activities.
12) To help with grant writing and assist in grant management.
13) To coordinate with court personnel as required.
14) To adhere to the OVW guiding principles.
15) To participate in the required trainings hosted by OVW (requires traveling).
16) To comply with all policies of governing agency.
17) To dress and perform duties in a professional manner which reflects the nature of the services being performed.
19) To perform other program duties as required.
Must be able and/or willing:
1) to speak and understand English language and accurately follow oral and written instructions.
2) to effectively use oral and written communication skills, must possess basic grammar and spelling skills as well as basic computer skills.
3) to do infrequent lifting of up to 25 pounds.
4) to function independently including making decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
5) to creatively balance own schedule including being flexible, organized and available for crisis or unscheduled needs of Center.
6) to have personal integrity and be willing to give direct honest feedback to colleagues, families and others as well as to invite feedback for self.
7) to be exposed to infectious diseases such as, colds, flu, HIV, hepatitis, MRSA, etc. and take only the necessary precautions.
I understand that these are the functions, responsibilities and skills I need to possess to fulfill the requirements of my employment. Failure to fulfill these functions, responsibilities or skills may result in the termination of my employment OR a probationary period to allow for improvement in identified areas.
Employee Signature: Date:
Supervisor Signature: Date: