Centre County Women’s Resource Center
Job Description: Training Coordinator
Draft Revised 02/01/07
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Coordinate and facilitate the twice yearly Volunteer Counselor/Advocate training class.
2) Organize, and update as necessary, volunteer training curriculum, with input from other staff members.
3) Coordinate and promote the presentation of “A Day in the Life” domestic violence trainings and other trainings to professionals regarding domestic and sexual violence as determined by the Director of Education and Outreach and the Special Projects Coordinator.
4) Schedule and secure training venues and resources.
5) Prepare and distribute training materials and evaluations.
6) Assist in the presentation of programs to professionals, schools, and community groups as needed.
7) Provide direct services to clients. Maintain client confidentiality.
8) Participate in the provision of hotline services as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Maintain current knowledge in the field and attend seminars/workshops to increase professional knowledge and effectiveness.
2) Record statistics and assist in the preparation of reports as required by funding sources.
3) Is under the supervision of the Director of Education and Outreach.
Degree and/or experience in education, training, communications or related field. Excellent oral and written communication skills essential. Must display exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. Self-starter able to work independently and as part of a team. Computer literate with the ability to operate Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
-Successful completion of the CCWRC counselor/advocate training.
-Must meet qualifications and receive Act 33 and 34 clearances.
-Personal, reliable means of transportation required.
Strong daily commitment to:
-the provision of domestic violence and sexual assault services with a feminist perspective;
-the struggle against ageism, classism, sexism, racism, ableism, homophobia, and heterosexism;
-support and involve people of all racial, social, ethnic, religious, cultural and economic groups.
Hours worked per week: 40 hours
Staff Non-Exempt Position
Employee Signature: Date:
Supervisor Signature: Date: